Shine is governed by a Board of Directors elected by the membership. The Board operates to Shine’s Memorandum and Articles of Association and Strategic Plan and meets bi-monthly. The following is a list of Board members and Officers as of 31st December 2017:
Matters reserved for the Board
Specific functions of the Board include:
Shine Audit and Risk Committee Terms of Reference
The Board of Shine shall establish a committee to monitor and advise on internal organisational controls. The committee shall:
● Promote the understanding of the organisational review function at Board level.
● Provide a forum for senior management to discuss internal control including issues raised by external audit, risk management and governance.
Terms of Reference
● To monitor and review at agreed intervals the operating accounts for Shine to include income and expenditure accounts, provisional balance sheet and cash flow analysis prior to recommending them for adoption by the Board.
● To monitor and review internal financial control and accounting practice.
● To review operating accounts for previous year prior to submission for external audit.
● To liaise with external auditors following completion of their annual audit.
● To review the prepared external audited accounts prior to submission to the Board for final sign off.
● To advise on the prepared accounts for publication in the Annual report of Shine.
● To provide as requested reports to the Board of Shine.
● To monitor and review the corporate risk policy and risk register including the statement of risk appetite.
● To monitor and review matters of corporate governance relating to the Adopted Code of Governance for the Community and Voluntary Sector, any other voluntary or statutory codes and specific items of governance that may be presented to it from time to time.
● To ensure on an annual basis a review of Shine Board performance including performance of individual board members and its committees.
● To provide to each Board meeting a brief report on the committee’s activities.
● The committee shall be established at the first meeting of the Board following an AGM.
● Membership of the committee shall be; the Honorary Treasurer of Shine; The Honorary Secretary; one external candidate agreed by the Board; the Chair of Shine (ex officio). A quorum should be two members of the committee.
● The committee shall be convened and chaired by the Honorary Treasurer.
● The committee meeting may be attended by the CEO of Shine and managers of finance and administration.
● The committee shall meet at least 6 times a year and at least two weeks prior to scheduled Board meetings.
Shine complies with The Governance Code for the Community, Voluntary and Charitable Sector in Ireland.
External Auditors: Deloitte Chartered Accountants, Deloitte & Touche House, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2